Thursday, March 17, 2005

More on Wolfowitz, Churchill

I just want to clarify that I do not want to seem as hating on my alma mater. I have much love for much of the university, the quality professors,the outstanding social life, and the beautiful campus. My complaint in the last post was more like a parent scolding a child for doing something dangerous. Not to compare Cornell to a child, although there are many childish people there, but I am trying to say that I have love for the place and care enough to criticize it when it does something wrong.

Also, if you caught South Park last night, you might have noticed a funny phrase inserted into the hippies mouths in the episode "Die, Hippy, Die!" The "college-know-it-all" hippies, which Cartman had warned are the worst kind, kept on using Ward Churchill's infamous phrase "little Eichmanns" when finding opposition to their views. ("Professor" Churchill called those working in the WTC "little Eichmanns" for helping to finance the American-led "genocide", etc.) The episode was a nice little satire worth checking out next time it's on Comedy Central.

| << Home