Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Circle of Blogs Rules My Balls

So since my Quick and Dirty Veterinary Medical School Application Guide got some love on her blog, I thought I would send Four-Legged Lexis some bloglove right back.

On a sad note, it looks like "Committed," one of my few favorite shows nowadays, just showed its final episode this past Tuesday. It's rather amazing that while that show struggles to survive, NBC just renews "Joey" and "Crossing Jordan" for next fall. I suppose there's no accounting for taste, eh?

Quick thought: If being a woman is so much harder than being a man, why do more men want to have a sex change than do women? Wouldn't it be the other way around otherwise? I don't know, I suppose that's the free-market way of looking at things, that people make right choices and the invisible hand kind of sorts the whole fucking thing out. But what do I know? Yeah, I was an economics major, but the only thing you learn while being an economics major is that there's almost always a competing theory on how the general, large economy reacts when something happens. What's the Marxist take on the whole which sex has it harder thing? Drunk minds want to know.

This just in... President Truman is still looking for that one-armed economist. Last time I heard, he was being implicated in the murder of a doctor's wife. I'd figure he's probably hard to find right now.



On a related note, I would like to see a Maury Povich episode where the woman doesn't know if the kid is her's.




By the way, Carmelo Anthony says "Don't Snitch." Sound advice and I should know being a former corner-hustler myself... Except not really. (Murder is bad).

It was nice to see Boston College fall in second round action today. Seriously, why the hell are they leaving the Big East? Where's the closest school to them in the ACC? Maryland? While it may not be a big deal for the football team to fly to their gams, it makes much less sense for their water polo team to do so. If Boston College really cared about the academics of its "student-athletes" then they would be concerned about all the extra time the further travelling for athletic contests will take away from their studies.

| << Home