Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Work After Graduation

If you know much about me, you know that while I have a job now and have had one since two days after graduation. You also probably know that it isn't the best job in the world either. So I have been spending most of my time exploring what to do next.. but.. anyway, I was thinking that maybe college graduates worry too much about the job they do and if they do anything that doesn't really require a college degree, they reject it even though it may be the right job for them.

I am not immune to this kind of thinking. I am not a big fan of the paper shuffling jobs, or the idea of working at them, but yet I take them and look for them because they are the highest paying and the highest status jobs that are there.

I never have done much, but sometimes, I wonder whether I would be happier in a job that allows me to work with my hands like carpentry or something similar. But who do I know who does that and will this be giving me the kind of lifestyle I want. At some level, I rather just do it for awhile just to get out of this rut. A roommate that I had over the summer once told me a couple of months ago that he was making boats in Mass. after just graduating from a pretty good school. I sometimes wouldn't mind joining him...

| << Home